I hope all of you got the good news today that NL2 will be released later this year. What follows is an incomplete list of the features slated to appear in NoLimits Coaster 2:
- Dive Machines: This long await train style will be in NL2
- Hidden Tracks: Something we saw on the release of Scream Machines will finally be added to NL
- 4D Coaster bogie and car: This is a new train and car style as well
- Prefabs for 4D coasters will be made available
- Optional railing lights (the color can be customized)
- Station lights (will switch on and off depending on the time of day)
- Older coaster styles have been improved with increased detail
- Vertical rotation switch track (shifting switches are available, too)
- Graphical user interface of editor (OS independet GUI, tab based work flow)
- Multiple viewports in editor (optional)
- G-Force comb in editor (updates in realtime, works similar as radius comb)
- Track nodes (position, roll and segment border nodes are independent from each other)
Now for some pictures:
You can see some of the neat details that the release will have. It is stated on the dev page that the game is no more. They are targeting realism. 2 different sets of licenses will be made available: standard and pro. The difference is the pro version will produce higher quality video and pictures. It will still run on windowx XP but it is recommended to use Windows 7 or 8. The renderer requires ShareModel 3.0 graphics hardware with at least 256 MB of VRAM.
On release date, there will be only a Windows version available. A Mac version will be available next year. It is recommended that you have 2 GB of ram available. Fast graphics hardware is highly recommended. This means those unfortunate on a laptop may have a hard time having a decent view of the game. NL2 will make use of multiple cores so if you have a multicore computer, you’re in for a nice performance of the game.
Release of NoLimits coaster wil be this year, however it is unlikely that it will be before November 1st. Pricing is not decided yet but it is estimated to be around $45 for a standard license and $100 for a pro license. Those who have NoLimits Coaster 1 will be eligible for a discount. The amount of the discount is not decided. It is decided that NL1 will be continued since NL2 is far more professional and complex. Again, it will only be available online. You will not find boxed sets in your local stores. Download size is to be around 500 MB and there will be various free updates that add new features.
That is all for now, hope you like the news!